Valentine’s Day has just past but why not impress all year round with this easy but impressive dinner recipe? Chicken Piccata is a simple but effective dish that your significant other or the whole family can enjoy.
The benefit of making 5 ingredient recipes
For home chefs of all abilities the key to success is to keep things simple. Don’t add further stress to getting things right and give yourself the best chance to impress by choosing recipes using a small amount of high-quality ingredients. Often recipes with smaller ingredient numbers are quicker to make too for the home chef with limited time to feed the family.
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 100g butter
- ¼ cup capers
- 3 lemons zested and juiced
- ½ cup coarsely chopped flat leaf parsley
- Half chicken fillets and cover in cling film. Use a rolling pin to pound until 1.5cm thick and season well.
- Heat 10g butter in a large non-stick pan over high heat. Cook the chicken for 2 mins each side or until slightly browned. Transfer to plate and cover with foil whilst reducing the pan to medium heat.
- Add remaining butter. Cook for 2/3mins until the butter starts to brown.
- Add capers and cook until crisp.
- Add lemon juice and half the zest. Swirl to combine.
- Return chicken and juices to pan. Cook turning occasionally until sauce thickens slightly. Sprinkle parsley, shake pan and remove from the heat.
- Serve with sprinkle of the remaining zest.
For more recipes, advice and industry news click here.